According to the study, about 90% of postnatal women suffer from hair loss. This trouble lasts from 5 to 7 months and then it causes weariness and anxiety for women very much. Because hair loss affects the appearance as well as the signs of many other problems for mothers, so finding out the causes of hair loss after pregnancy and remedies will help a lot in improving the health and beauty for women.
First of all, we should know that for a few weeks after giving birth, the mothers (breastfeeding and not breastfeeding) have hair loss, and this syndrome is normal. The amount of hair falling in each person is different. Usually, the hair fell out a lot in the early days of childbirth and recovered after one month.
However, the length of time may be longer if the mothers are not interested in taking care of their hair. Hair becomes weakened, resulting in hair loss, dry hair with split ends, which lasts from 5 to 6 months after giving birth. Consequently, the amount of hair falling can be as much as 20 to 30 percent.
Causes of hair loss
– Due to endocrine disorder: The main reason is hormonal changes in the body. When you are pregnant, hormone estrogen rapidly increases, making the hair stronger and smoother. After childbirth, the amount of estrogen decreases too low, which means the hair grows slowly and falls off a lot.
– Due to psychological disorders: In the postpartum period, women often show signs of stress, depression, causing internal metabolic disorders. Besides that, the blood circulation is poor, and the hair is not provided enough essential nutrients, which leads to dry and damaged hair.
In addition, mothers also suffer from stressful periods due to exhaustion, the lack of sleep, and especially when mothers go back to work.
– Due to nutritional deficiencies: Because of the supply of nutrients during pregnancy and postpartum, the mothers suffering from malnutrition are common. This means that during pregnancy, the nutrients are given to the fetus. After giving birth, the concentration of nutrients in the breast milk leads to the lack of nutrients in the mother’s body. In a result, the hair does not receive enough nutrients from the blood so that the hair is easy to be damaged and falling off. Plus, the hair does not get enough nutrients, so it is susceptible to the hair loss.
To care for your hair, mothers should invest herself a special kind of hair conditioner, which gives care to the roots. You should also massage the hair with this type of daily hair oil to nourish deeply from hair roots to hair ends as well.
– To provide enough nutrients for the body: It is necessary to eat a variety of foods containing essential nutrients such as protein, iron, zinc, many kinds of vitamins like A, B, C, E, H and so on (meat, fish, eggs, milk, green vegetables, and fruits, etc.). And you should keep in your mind to drink a lot of water. These nutrients will follow the bloodstream and nourish the hair. That is how to recover the most important postpartum hair loss. Moreover, every day you should also drink enough water as well because the lack of water is another factor of hair loss.
– To stay away from stress, tiredness: remember to keep the spirit or emotion after childbirth comfortable, cheerful, and fun. The mothers may exercise your body lightly and get enough sleep. Also, maintaining physical and mental balance contributes to healthy hair. This is also an effective way to improve postpartum hair loss.
Please search on the Internet to get more information.