Decide what style of music effects will be used (e.g., metal, rock, pop). Distortion pedals work well for the types of heavy metal music, while overdrive and fuzz pedals work best for rock and pop.
Visit a local music store and spend an afternoon trying different guitar effects pedal until the desired sound is created. I myself highly recommend beginner to opt for the best reverb pedals for the best performance.
Purchase at least three pedals and use them to build a solid base, most effects pedals consist of pedals that are geared toward one type of modulation distortion or overdrive, like a chorus or flanger and reverb or delay.
Experimenting with different effects pedals brands. An overdrive pedal business may seem better than the other. The sound is often subjective, so use your ears judge which looks better in the end.
Set the effects of a foot in any order. Although the basic rule is to start a chain of signals with distortion or overdrive, with possible modulation effects in the environment and the delay or reverb at the end of the chain, there are no rules. Experiment with the pedal setting in different orders for different sounds and tones.
How to build a pedal board for Hard Rock guitar
Guitar pedals are intended to supplement the sound of a guitar and amplifier. Hard Rock guitar players in the early days, such as Cream,Led Zeppelin, and Black Sabbath, used minimal pedal configuration on what many contemporary guitar players use. An essential pedal for a hard rock guitar player is an overdrive pedal or distortion. It’s hard to play hard rock with his guitar. Besides an overdrive or distortion pedals, hard rock guitarists use some other pedals to shape the sound. The order of the pedals plays a significant role in the final sound of the guitar as it comes through the amplifier.
• Read Guitar interviews to preview the type of pedals your favorite guitarists use. Guitar magazines, such as “Guitar Player” extended interviews with guitar players and guitar gear reviews.
• Experiment with different guitar pedals and select the ones that allow you to get the sound of the guitar and the
tone you want. Find a guitar center or a similar store near you and spend some time playing through different pedals. An essential thing to consider is how much distortion you want.
• Implement the brakes in the following order from right to left. The guitar plugs into the right pedal, and this is the point of beginning guitar signal. The order wah pedal, guitar tuner, compressor and pedal overdrive or distortion. You can use more than one pedal overdrive or distortion in the chain. To play hard rock, you may have some options as an Ibanez Tube Screamer to overdrive and a Dunlop Fuzz Face for more distorted sounds, modulation pedals such as flanger, chorus, phaser and a delay pedal, in that order.
• Connect the pedals with short connecting cables. Connect it to the cable on the left side of the wah-wah pedal and plug the other end into the input jack on the right aspect of the guitar tuner. Repeat the process until all the levers are interconnected. Connect a guitar cable into the output jack on the right point of the delay pedal and plug the other end into the amplifier’s input jack.
• Connect a power cord from guitar pedals. A variety of power cables, such as “SPOT,” are available for guitar pedals. Just connect the power cord to each of guitar pedals, and then connect the cable to a source of energy.
• Turn on the amplifier and experiment with the pedals. The above provision is the one that most guitar players use, but feel free to experiment with the order of the pedals. Hendrix put his wah pedal on the opposite end of the chain. The thing to remember is that each pedal is affected by the pedal that makes it.